If you are an organization that wants to market its products and services through content marketing, then there are various facts about content marketing that you need to know first.
Below are some of the important resources you need to have in order to achieve successful content marketing for your business. They include:
1. Content marketing strategy
The content strategy is a management tool
for all your content. Successfully back up a content strategy with a content
plan. Make your content strategy align with your reasons for creating the
content in the first place.
What to include in a content marketing strategy
An effective content marketing strategy
speaks for the business and its customers without giving one party too much
weight while misrepresenting the other.
Objectives for your brand
Observe your current position in the market. Clearly state your objective for the content marketing strategy so you can measure the level of success or failure after implementation.
Design the parameters that will inform you whether you hit a miss. Creating a strategy nevertheless eliminates many of the risks you’d have encountered otherwise.
Create an outline that gets to the specifics
of actions you are going to apply in content marketing. The content plan comes
second after the content strategy. You need a strategy so that you plan around
it. In the content plan, indicate:
- The topics in need of coverage
- Select details about your brand you would like to include
- Suggested content that for different topics
- The schedules for when and where to share contents
- Find the target audience and their consequent buyer personas
The content you are creating should be
appropriate to the target audience. Ensure that it fully covers their needs and
align with their patterns and preferences. Create a content map fitting for the
different stages of their buyer’s journey to inform your content plan.
Set timed budget goals for your content marketing and decide what content you want to outsource and which you will create in the company. A 2020 survey by SEMrush showed that 70% of companies do not outsource content creation while 30% do.
Using channels popular with your target audience is a great way to maintain a manageable budget. Study website and social media analytics to determine what these channels are.
Different content calls for different
budgets. Budgeting for written content, may be done per word count or per page
and any additional features like graphs, by number. Prices depend on whom you
are outsourcing to.
A blog educates about services your brand
provides. It allows you to speak for your brand. Outsourcing your blog needs
means you have to budget for it. An eBook will cost more than a blog. You can
include it in your website for customers to download.
To keep an attainable budget, create some
of the marketing content within your organization then outsource the rest. Create
slideshows, lists, picture galleries, portfolios and quote posts within the
company because they are easy to create.
Outsource video creation and editing if you
cannot produce quality videos within your company. Statistics show the
customers prefer video content. Set aside capital for content advertising. It
is a strategic move to advertise content where your target audience exist in high
3. A team to implement the content marketing strategy
It is more beneficial to share the content
strategy with people from different departments in the company. Doing so ensures
similar content goals guide every one. Have marketers from different
departments for example from the sales department, social media management department,
and finance department.
Versatility in disciplines translates to
versatility in content creation. Work with a team of multi-disciplinary content
creators. It improves capturing in totality, various dimensions in your company
that need content creation. You want your content to have the quality of being
broad. In a multi-disciplinary team for the content implementation strategy,
you will have talent in
Create graphs to monitor customer engagement in other platforms where you place content. The team can keep track of whether the content marketing strategy is working as expected using features like ahref’s webmaster tools for the website.
Channels such as websites and
social media platforms
Content marketing channels form the customers’ primary points of contact with your brand. Make consistent updates to content that you include here to keep things fresh for visitors. Place content on channels that the target audience visit the most.
The type of content you want to share will
inform you where it is most appropriate to share it.
- Videos- Short videos are more appropriate for Instagram stories while longer videos are for YouTube.
- Pictures- Pinterest is appropriate for sharing pictures, illustrations and info-graphics as well as adding links to your website while Instagram tells helpful brand stories to promote brand identity
- Videos and social media posts- Facebook pages are appropriate for growing your brand awareness through sharing customer experiences and what your brand is all about. Accompany such posts with relevant pictures and short informative clips. Use snap chat if you are targeting customers of a younger age set
- Website –structure your website content to be about how to use the available products and services present. Include a call to action to encourage visitors to try out what they have just read about. Make it about the customer.
Be strategic in keeping your channels
updated, scheduled posts to upload automatically, and ensure your content
marketing plan features timelines for content distribution.